Endodontics is a science that deals with root canal infections. The treatment applied in cases where the pulp is damaged in such a way that it cannot repair itself is called root canal treatment. The pulp is a soft layer consisting of a vascular nerve package located in the innermost part of the tooth. Usually, bacteria in broken teeth or deep caries cause inflammation of the pulp. If the inflamed or damaged pulp is not removed, it causes infection in the tooth and surrounding tissues and tooth extraction may be required.
How make is root treatment?
1. The first stage starts with anesthesia applied to the tooth in order to make the treatment painless.
2. Then the bruise is cleaned and the inflamed pulp is removed. All nerve and tissue residues in the root canal are cleaned.
3. The canals are shaped up to the root tip and the root canals are washed frequently with appropriate solutions.
4. Root canal treatment can be completed in a single session, or it may take more than one session in the presence of any intense infection, and temporary filling can be placed in the tooth between sessions.
5. Then, it is filled up to the root tip with a special filling material placed in the root canals and the treatment is completed by making permanent filling.
Is Root Canal Painful?
Since local anesthesia is applied to the tooth to be treated with root canal treatment, no pain is felt.
How Long Does Root Canal Treatment Take?
This depends on the condition of the tooth. In some cases, a healthy filling can be made in a single session, or in some cases, more than one session may take place. Sessions are usually 30-60 minutes.
How long is the life of a root canal treatment tooth?
A root canal treated tooth can be used for a lifetime after taking measures to prevent the tooth from being decayed and infected again. Regular dentist control is essential in this process.